Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Important Tuna Recall


This morning I was looking at the news and found an article about a tuna recall. As you know people, especially pregnant women, need to keep an eye on the news for public health and food issues. 

Today the FDA has recalled some frozen tuna because it has hepatitis A in it. The FDA recommends that people exposed to this fish get a Hepatitis A vaccine if they are between 1-40 years of age, or a immunoglobulin shot if they are outside of that range. 

Frozen Tuna is in sushi. And you can get it in restaurants. This tuna was shipped to restaurants in Texas, Oklahoma, and California. It was sent to New York State but not distributed there yet. 

This tuna comes from Philippines and Vietnam. It comes via a Hawaii based imported called Hilo Fish Company. 

Once again I wouldn't want to impugn the Hilo Fish company. They should be awarded for checking the fish and cooperating with the recall. It is the fish companies that don't test that we need to be alert for.  I have seen really giant tunas that caught by recreational fishers. These big tunas get distributed immediately to sushi shops. That kind of distribution is what we want to worry about. 

So for now, don't eat any frozen or uncooked tuna, and check the FDA's web site for further news and lot numbers, etc. This tuna was dated April and October apparently. 

I am not aware if cooking the tuna adequately will sterilize the Hepatitis A, but certainly it cannot be eaten raw or undercooked. Unfortunately I really like sushi. 

Thanks 

Dr John Marcus 

89 North Maple Ave 
Ridgewood NJ. 

Blog at doctorjohnmarcus.blogspot.com


6 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Dr John W Marcus MD Ob/Gyn has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 100 Obgyn Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/obgyn_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Obgyn Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi nice Blog…
    Surrogacy Cost Ukraine - find here resonlable cost of surrogacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is very much convincing and appealing. I have got to learn a lot from this article. You might be having the curiosity to know about our company and what business we are dealing with. If you are looking for the client list to achieve your business goals, E-Health Care Lists helps you in reaching that goal by providing you with the prepackaged and customized database which helps you to come across the qualified and interested audiences that places an immediate order for your products. Please refer to Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology Email List & Mailing List for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I think FDA has to investigate this issue and The FDA recommends that people exposed to this fish get a Hepatitis A vaccine if they are between 1-40 years of age, or a immunoglobulin shot if they are outside of that range. But, I think, we need to find doctor in New Jersey who has to test it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I'm so happy to share this!!! I've been thinking I've lost my mind and it was some mental case. I myself had my tubes tied after my 3rd child. I have a condition that makes having babies so hard on my body. About 6 months ago I too would feel something like "kicks" of course I thought I was out right crazy. I never spoke to anyone about what was going through. How could I? They'd think I was nuts!!! Well my periods have been getting so bad that I reached out to my best friend who also had the operation to see if she had experienced any symptoms with her periods since! Of course we were in the same boat. I broke down and told her I almost felt at times I was pregnant I felt so crazy just typing this out to her. I was beyond nervous she would think it was a nut case. To my surprise she also had similar symptoms. We both are researching what this could be. That's when I came across this website on Google of dr Itua Herbal Center. While scrolling through these comments I stumbled upon how he treated HIV/HHerpes also helped a woman to get pregnant with his herbal medicines. When I read what he had been going through I just broke down and cried for the longest time. Finally I got a help that I ever wanted I and my friend purchase Dr Itua herbal medicines and we both used it which was really effective it cure my cramp issues so I will recommend anyone going through some health issue to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail : drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats-App +2348149277967 He cure HIV/Aids, Herpes, Cancers, And other stubborn disease make sure someone here talk to someone about this who is going through the same thing as us. Ty for sharing. I now know we're not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete